May 28, 2011, 4:52 PM EST
Fresh off a dousing of the Mets’ momentary fire last night at Citi Field, the Phils will go for their fourth straight W tonight with Cole Hamels on the hill. There’s really no letting up with this team’s pitching staff. Valdez, Lee, Oswalt… and now Hamels?
Mike Pelfrey will be on the hill for the Mets, making his first start since the Yankees hung five on him last week. In two starts against the Phillies this season, Pelfrey has yielded 10 earned runs, with the Phils plating 10 total in each win over the Mets (10-7, 10-3). And those were before the hittin’ weather set in and Chase Utley (he of Utley’s Corner at New Shea) re-entered the lineup. Hamels hasn’t had good fortune against the Mets though, losing his last five against the lesser New York club and having pretty poor numbers against them throughout his career.
Should be a good one tonight in Flushing. Game time is 7:10 on FOX.
|lahoe819 on Comment of the week sponsored…|
|Brian Sweger on Jerry Jones doesn’t hire a GM…|
|willh888 on Video: Andre Iguodala almost d…|
|juggadore on Video: Andre Iguodala almost d…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages