May 30, 2012, 11:04 AM EST
As touched on earlier, Joe Blanton has pitched dreadfully over his last three outings. He’s been giving up the home run at an alarming rate — eight dingers in the last three games — after preventing them adequately earlier in the season. His control has also left the yard.
Last night, even Mets pitcher Jeremy Hefner took Blanton deep. It sure looked like he just shut his eyes and swung his hardest at a Joe Blanton offering.
It was Hefner’s first MLB home run to go along with his first win as a pitcher.
To be fair, he did appear to open his eyes so he could watch the ball go over the fence.
CAPTION: May 29, 2012; Flushing, NY,USA;
New York Mets starting pitcher Jeremy Hefner (53) hits a home run to
left during the fourth inning against the Philadelphia Phillies at Citi
Field. Mandatory Credit: Anthony Gruppuso-US PRESSWIRE
|brandonphilly on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|ifihad10weekstolives… on Sometimes you get kicked in th…|
|Andrew Kulp on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|BenE. on Why the Flyers won the Talbot-…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages