Jul 27, 2012, 10:29 PM EDT
The bullpen’s mixed reactions to John Mayberry’s troubles in left field are probably a pretty decent cross section of the responses from the Phils fans who took the time to watch the team’s 6-1 loss to the Braves Friday night.
Mayberry’s error and Mike Fontenot’s earlier gaffe didn’t single-handedly doom the Phillies, but they sure didn’t help either.
Can somebody go pick up John? That’d be swell.
Photo Credit: Philadelphia Phillies left fielder John Mayberry tumbles in left field after missing a fly ball off the bat of Atlanta Braves’ Michael Bourn, to allow a triple, during the sixth inning of a baseball game, Friday, July, 27, 2012 in Atlanta. (AP Photo/John Amis)
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money