Jun 5, 2011, 12:45 PM EDT
The Phils and Bucs get underway at 1:35 today, with Roy Halladay facing righty James McDonald. For the Pirates, a rare moment at .500 in June is on the line. For the Phillies, a possible sweep at the hands of a team for which being .500 in June is a big deal.
Dunno what it is, but the Phils just don’t play well at all in Pittsburgh, which has to particularly suck for the many fans who traverse the state to see a very nice park and presumably a few Phillies road wins.
The series has already been dropped, but that feeling can sure as hell get worse. Regardless of four straight losses and back to back series defeats at the hands of the Nationals and Pirates, respectively, the Phils are still the top dogs in the NL. We’d rather not have to keep using that as a mantra after limp offensive showings or the rare pitching clunker, but as long as it continues to be true…
Jimmy Rollins is out of the lineup today after fouling a pitch off his knee in the first inning yesterday, but he “[doesn't] think it’s a DL thing.” More from Jim Salisbury here.
|t800m101 on Getting to know the enemy: Fou…|
|Bob on Getting to know the enemy: Fou…|
|Marvin Monroe on Getting to know the enemy: Fou…|
|psudrozz on Getting to know the enemy: Fou…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money