Jun 5, 2011, 11:40 PM EDT
Success! The Phils actually won a game at PNC Park. Doc Halladay went seven innings, singled, scored from second on a Placido Polanco single, and did us all a favor and told Angel Hernandez what he thought of his strike zone.
The offense banged out 14 his – 13 of which were singles. Dom Brown
registered the lone extra base hit, a double in the seventh. He was
robbed of an RBI in the fourth when a liner up the middle hit second
base umpire Chad Fairchild. Ryan Howard, who was on third at the time,
would have scored easily had Fairchild not made the kick save.
Wilson Valdez, who started in place of Jimmy Rollins (out with a knee contusion), and Chase Utley contributed some defensive gems to back Halladay’s effort. Jose Contreras, Antonio Bastardo, and Ryan Madson combined to close it out (although Contreras did give up a run).
The win snapped a four-game losing streak and marked the end of a nine game road trip, which saw the Phils go 4-5.
The Phils open an 11-game homestand on Monday as the Dodgers visit Citizens Bank Park. Cliff Lee is set to face Ted Lilly.
|Stan on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Jason R. on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|2sentz on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money