Mar 15, 2012, 11:33 AM EST
Former Deadspin head honcho Will Leitch caught up with Washington Nationals super phenom Bryce Harper to see how many baseballs he could eat in under a minute. No, that’s not true, but you might think it were based on the odd photo accompanying Leitch’s story on Harper for GQ Magazine.
Mostly the article just talks about Harper’s throwback approach to the game where he’s got attitude, doesn’t care what anyone else thinks, and wants to run his cleats through opposing player’s skulls. Or something like that.
Leitch thinks this attitude may get Harper a few fastballs to the head. Legendary Phillies 3B Mike Schmidt tends to agree.
some point the game itself, the competition on the field, is going to
have to figure out a way to police this young man.”
I think Roy Halladay should volunteer.
>>Is baseball ready for Bryce? [GQ]
|Joseph on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|Dominic on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|SteveBrown on Photo Gallery and Tweets: Linc…|
|Joseph on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages