Mar 15, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Former Deadspin head honcho Will Leitch caught up with Washington Nationals super phenom Bryce Harper to see how many baseballs he could eat in under a minute. No, that’s not true, but you might think it were based on the odd photo accompanying Leitch’s story on Harper for GQ Magazine.
Mostly the article just talks about Harper’s throwback approach to the game where he’s got attitude, doesn’t care what anyone else thinks, and wants to run his cleats through opposing player’s skulls. Or something like that.
Leitch thinks this attitude may get Harper a few fastballs to the head. Legendary Phillies 3B Mike Schmidt tends to agree.
some point the game itself, the competition on the field, is going to
have to figure out a way to police this young man.”
I think Roy Halladay should volunteer.
>>Is baseball ready for Bryce? [GQ]
|Matt S. on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|galasso2586 on What happens on April 4th,…|
|eaglegreen on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return