Jul 27, 2012, 1:05 PM EST
With Cole Hamels locked up to be a Phillie for the next half a decade or so, the eyes of Phillies nation now turn to the likes of Cliff Lee, Shane Victorino, and Hunter Pence as the next pieces of the current team that could be dealt before the Tuesday trade deadline.
Well you can cross Clifton Phifer off that list, as CBS Sports Jon Heyman’s sources are saying that Lee will not be dealt.
One person with ties to the Phillies said team higherups believe trading
Lee would potentially undo most or all the good that was done by
extending Cole Hamels and that the team’s plan is to build around its
trio of great starters, including also Roy Halladay, next year
Now, I know what you’re thinking. After Lee’s last start in which he was totally tuned up, what could you possibly get in return for that anyway? But baseball is a funny game, and as some of the stat heads will tell you, Lee hasn’t been as awful as some of his numbers might lead you to believe.
In my opinion, keeping the trio of Lee, Hamels, and Halladay intact for the next year gives you a chance to compete no matter what else happens. Obviously the team has issues, but keeping the big three provides plenty of hope.
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|icdogg on Connor Barwin is … THE…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Mostel on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages