Aug 1, 2012, 3:44 PM EST
In addition to adding newly acquired reliever Josh Lindblom and outfielder Nate Shierholtz to the active roster today (Peace out for now, Diekman and Savery), the Phillies also swapped Mikes, designating Fontenot for assignment while recalling Martinez from the IronPigs.
Matt Gelb says: “Fontenot has a better bat, but he was made superfluous with Kevin
Frandsen, who has a similar skill set. Martinez is a better defender who
can play shortstop. Martinez has a higher chance of playing in 2013 for
the Phillies, so they’ll use him instead of the veteran Fontenot.“
You got all that? Looking to the future.
Michael Martinez replacing Mike Fontenot is like saying you enjoy eating road kill over liver.
— Matt Smith (@DTMattSmith) August 1, 2012
Dude. Some liver is delicious!
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|icdogg on Connor Barwin is … THE…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Mostel on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages