Rockies Outfielder Carlos Gonzalez Is Not a Good Actor and Other Relatively Boring Walkoff Observations
Sep 10, 2012, 10:58 AM EST
The Phillies got their second walk off winner on Sunday afternoon at Citizens Bank Park in as many games (Nate the Great did the honors on Friday night), but John Mayberry Jr.’s game-winner yesterday may have been one of the least exciting walkoffs in a while.
Perhaps he’s too honest and knew he didn’t snag the ball, but my initial reaction, and even more so after watching the replay, was to wonder why he didn’t even attempt to sell the catch?
After a brief hesitation, the umps ruled it a hit, and the Phillies got their minimally delayed walk off winner. Yay.
|dawkisgod on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|Tom on The ‘Group of Death…|
|yishmeister on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|clmull on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages