Jul 17, 2012, 2:48 PM EST
Remember the ball Jim Thome hit over the wall and into the flower bed at Target Field that seemingly no one could find until a gentleman in a harness went digging for it the following morning?
Well, it’s now on Twins manager Ron Gardenhire’s desk.
The Pioneer Press of Minnesota (via Big League Stew) has an article detailing how Thome has been collecting as many of his home run balls as possible since he hit No. 500 with the White Sox back in 2007. As Thome previously played for the Twins, Gardenhire knows the ball is worth something to him and is holding it as if he’s Gary Sinese and it’s Mel Gibson’s son.
The story has popped up since the Orioles are actually in the Twin Cities for a series this week. So how much will it take for Jim to leave Minny with No. 607?
From the Press:
By “hurt our feelings,” we assume he means when Jim went 5-for-11, hit two homers, scored four runs and drove in nine as a DH for the Phils back in June.
Alright, Ron. What do you want for it?
Actually… not a bad idea. Ron Gardenhire — humanitarian.
Speaking of which, ever have those AL Central managers who just always make you think of tracks from your favorite band? I know, right.
|Webuppp on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|kirk on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Tito Santantana Offt… on Allen Iverson in latest Reebok…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return