Jul 17, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
Remember the ball Jim Thome hit over the wall and into the flower bed at Target Field that seemingly no one could find until a gentleman in a harness went digging for it the following morning?
Well, it’s now on Twins manager Ron Gardenhire’s desk.
The Pioneer Press of Minnesota (via Big League Stew) has an article detailing how Thome has been collecting as many of his home run balls as possible since he hit No. 500 with the White Sox back in 2007. As Thome previously played for the Twins, Gardenhire knows the ball is worth something to him and is holding it as if he’s Gary Sinese and it’s Mel Gibson’s son.
The story has popped up since the Orioles are actually in the Twin Cities for a series this week. So how much will it take for Jim to leave Minny with No. 607?
From the Press:
By “hurt our feelings,” we assume he means when Jim went 5-for-11, hit two homers, scored four runs and drove in nine as a DH for the Phils back in June.
Alright, Ron. What do you want for it?
Actually… not a bad idea. Ron Gardenhire — humanitarian.
Speaking of which, ever have those AL Central managers who just always make you think of tracks from your favorite band? I know, right.
|brandonphilly on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|CD on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|NBA lottery is rigge… on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|J on CEO Scott O’Neil promise…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money