Jul 17, 2012, 2:48 PM EST
Remember the ball Jim Thome hit over the wall and into the flower bed at Target Field that seemingly no one could find until a gentleman in a harness went digging for it the following morning?
Well, it’s now on Twins manager Ron Gardenhire’s desk.
The Pioneer Press of Minnesota (via Big League Stew) has an article detailing how Thome has been collecting as many of his home run balls as possible since he hit No. 500 with the White Sox back in 2007. As Thome previously played for the Twins, Gardenhire knows the ball is worth something to him and is holding it as if he’s Gary Sinese and it’s Mel Gibson’s son.
The story has popped up since the Orioles are actually in the Twin Cities for a series this week. So how much will it take for Jim to leave Minny with No. 607?
From the Press:
By “hurt our feelings,” we assume he means when Jim went 5-for-11, hit two homers, scored four runs and drove in nine as a DH for the Phils back in June.
Alright, Ron. What do you want for it?
Actually… not a bad idea. Ron Gardenhire — humanitarian.
Speaking of which, ever have those AL Central managers who just always make you think of tracks from your favorite band? I know, right.
|Nicky Boy on Quotable: Ruben Amaro Jr. says…|
|Scott B on Quotable: Ruben Amaro Jr. says…|
|Junie gees on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|dialectician on Quotable: Ruben Amaro Jr. says…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages