May 19, 2011, 4:39 PM EST
The skies don’t look promising in South Philly this evening as the Phils try to sweep the Rockies in their quick 2-game series before welcoming in Inter-League play tomorrow. If the weather allows the game to happen, fans could be treated to a few Gload droppings on Rockies starter Jhoulys Chacin this evening as Charlie Manuel will give Ross a start for only the third time this season.
If you were to look up Gload’s career stats against Chacin to maybe see what Manuel’s thought process was, you’d find that Gload has never faced tonight’s starter. Chacin has great numbers against the Phils in three career appearances, allowing current Phillies to hit only .143 against him. Raul Ibanez (2) and Placido Polanco (1) are the only Phillies available tonight who have notched hits off of him.
As for the Phils’ hurler, Joe Blanton is coming off an okay start in Atlanta in which he gave up two first-inning homers but then settled in nicely. Blanton couldn’t last very long (74 pitches) as he was still working his way back from the DL. The ‘pen and the offense certainly didn’t help his cause.
If you’re looking for a bright spot in today’s gloomy outlook, Blanton hasn’t lost at Citizens Bank Park in his last 15 starts here (5-0, 4.52 ERA), and the Phils are 12-3 in those games. Kind of surprising numbers.
First pitch is scheduled for 7:05, weather permitting. I’ll be in my partial season seats, trying my best to stay dry. If you’re wondering whether they’ll play the game, I’d bet on it. This is the only time Colorado is in Philly this season and finding a make up day could prove very challenging.
|jpeezo on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|Matt S. on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|SadKumquat on Peter King: Eagles ‘the disapp…|
|JMRA on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages