May 19, 2011, 4:39 PM EDT
The skies don’t look promising in South Philly this evening as the Phils try to sweep the Rockies in their quick 2-game series before welcoming in Inter-League play tomorrow. If the weather allows the game to happen, fans could be treated to a few Gload droppings on Rockies starter Jhoulys Chacin this evening as Charlie Manuel will give Ross a start for only the third time this season.
If you were to look up Gload’s career stats against Chacin to maybe see what Manuel’s thought process was, you’d find that Gload has never faced tonight’s starter. Chacin has great numbers against the Phils in three career appearances, allowing current Phillies to hit only .143 against him. Raul Ibanez (2) and Placido Polanco (1) are the only Phillies available tonight who have notched hits off of him.
As for the Phils’ hurler, Joe Blanton is coming off an okay start in Atlanta in which he gave up two first-inning homers but then settled in nicely. Blanton couldn’t last very long (74 pitches) as he was still working his way back from the DL. The ‘pen and the offense certainly didn’t help his cause.
If you’re looking for a bright spot in today’s gloomy outlook, Blanton hasn’t lost at Citizens Bank Park in his last 15 starts here (5-0, 4.52 ERA), and the Phils are 12-3 in those games. Kind of surprising numbers.
First pitch is scheduled for 7:05, weather permitting. I’ll be in my partial season seats, trying my best to stay dry. If you’re wondering whether they’ll play the game, I’d bet on it. This is the only time Colorado is in Philly this season and finding a make up day could prove very challenging.
|Marvin Monroe on Interesting theory on Jake Vor…|
|FlyersFan on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|RightMeow on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|twpguy1964 on Andrew MacDonald’s contract pa…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money