Jul 12, 2011, 5:07 PM EST
Harry Leroy Halladay III will be the starting pitcher this evening for the National League as the Senior Circuit tries to secure home field advantage against the AL for the 2011 World Series.
Plenty of people hate on the insignificance of the Midsummer Classic these days, but with the chance to watch Doc take on the AL’s best coupled with a likely appearance by Clifton Phifer Lee, all with a potential extra World Series game at Citizens Bank Park on the line… well color us intrigued.
ESPN.com has the game listed to start at 8:00 EST, which likely means baseball will get underway a good 30+ minutes after that.
Sadly, none of the Phillies position players will see any action this evening, as both Shane Victorino and Placido Polanco will be sidelined with injuries. Still, the opportunity to see Roy Halladay throw at least two innings is appointment television.
And if you were worried about Halladay’s workload like some Philadelphia fans, don’t fret too much. Doc may still get a whole week off as he may not pitch this weekend in New York, instead getting his first post-break start at Wrigley Field early next week.
If you needed to feel any better about Halladay being tonight’s NL starter, how about this quote by Cliff Lee courtesy of Jim Salisbury.
“He’s the perfect physical specimen to be a starting pitcher,” Lee said
of Halladay. “His work ethic, his mindset. He equips himself to be the
“He’s the best pitcher in baseball. If I were to pick a
starting pitcher to win one game he’s the one I’d pick. He’s deserving
of it. I expect to see him put up a couple of zeroes.
Let’s go zeroes.
Photo by US PRESSWIRE
|Marvin Monroe on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
|donny05 on Don Tollefson: Maybe not an al…|
|33 on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
|will on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages