Jan 19, 2012, 12:28 PM EST
MLB Network is doing a “Top Ten Right Now” series leading up to pitchers and catchers reporting (exactly a month from today!) in a few weeks. They kicked things off with the best starting pitchers in baseball. Not surprisingly, a couple of Phillies cracked the top ten. [video below]
Now, they didn’t select Cole Hamels to the top ten, but if you look at the graphic, it appears as if he did receive some votes.
Cliff Lee comes in at number 3 while Harry Leroy Halladay III is chosen as the best starting pitcher in baseball today.
My only qualm is that they spend what seems like a couple of minutes talking about the number 2 man, Justin Verlander, while Roy only gets a few quick words. Still, it’s nice to know your number one ace is respected as the best in the game and your 1a isn’t far behind.
When you get into the ten best starters in the game, I think it’s safe to say any one of these guys could beat anybody on a given night.
|James on Comment of the week sponsored…|
|solidsender on Comment of the week sponsored…|
|Jim on Video: Andre Iguodala almost d…|
|Jim on Video: Ruben Amaro Jr. attempt…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages