Jul 11, 2011, 1:49 PM EDT
Sadly, we won’t get to see Cole Hamels relieve Cliff Lee who relieved Roy Halladay in Tuesday’s MLB All-Star game, but the latter part of that is still feasible*.
National League Manager Bruce Bochy named Roy Halladay the team’s starter for tomorrow’s All-Star Game out in Arizona and he couldn’t be more thrilled to have him.
“When you talk about the best, this guy is always at the top,” Bochy said of Halladay. “It’s been
like this the last few years. So I’m really looking forward to seeing
him start the game, and I’m excited that I could name him the starter.”
CSN’s Jim Salisbury passes this info along, “Bochy says Halladay can go at least 2 inn. He said he received no restriction from Phils.”
Clearly the Phillies wouldn’t be real thrilled with Doc tossing more than two innings, but then again, that could only be like 11 pitches.
Doc will go up against Los Angeles Angels’ Jered Weaver for the American League.
*Unlikely, yes, but feasible
|kirk on Video proof that Wayne Simmond…|
|Andrew Kulp on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
|Jim on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
|willh888 on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return