Jul 17, 2012, 6:35 PM EST
It’s another 10:10 PM late night start this evening for the Phillies out at Chavez Ravine where the Fightins have won six straight games over the Dodgers. They welcome back one Roy Halladay to the mound, his first start since May 27th. Doc’s return is likely reason enough to let the kids stay up late on a Tuesday.
Halladay wasn’t particularly sharp in his lone rehab assignment down in Clearwater last week. His velocity was down while his command was up — not a great combo. But he’ll be aided tonight by the cavernous ball park that is Dodger Stadium.
A studly Doc performance this evening, helping the Phillies to a win could really add some juice to the fanbase. It’d be their fourth straight victory, pushing them to 4-1 since the All-Star break. Hope will start your car.
A shaky Halladay outing, on the other hand, could bring us back to the sub-500 reality real quick. If the Phillies’ ace is anything short of fantastic the rest of the season, Philadelphia’s stretch run will assuredly not be in search of a playoff berth.
Halladay (4-5, 3.98) will be taking on a right-hander making his big-league debut in Stephen Fife. Here’s what you need to know about him from CSN:
Fife was a third-round pick of the Red Sox in 2008 who was acquired by
the Dodgers in July 2011 in a three-team minor-league trade that also
involved the Mariners. He pitched 101 games in the minors (86 starts)
and went 33-21 with a 4.06 ERA. His strikeout and walk numbers were
modest and he is not regarded as much of a prospect.
If you want to examine just how well the Phils must play in order to avoid being sellers before the July 31 deadline, The Zo Zone breaks it all down nicely. 10-5? 11-4? 12-3?
Basically they need to keep winning like crazy.
Roy Halladay pitches for the Phillies tonight. That’s at least worth getting a little excited about.
10:10 PM start time on CSN.
Tonight’s lineup @ LA: Rollins SS, Victorino CF, Utley 2B, Howard 1B, Ruiz C, Pence RF,Pierre LF, Polanco 3B, Halladay P.
— Todd Zolecki (@ToddZolecki) July 17, 2012
|Barry on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
|LightMan on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
|You're Clueless on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
|Mo-Cup-Town on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages