Jul 24, 2011, 1:29 PM EST
Roy Halladay (11-4, 2.57) will take on right-hander Tim Stauffer (6-6, 2.83) this afternoon at Citizens Bank Park as the Phillies look to continue their recent dominance of the Padres and take the third game of the four game set.
As you surely remember, Doc didn’t fare too well in the heat at Wrigley Field last week, so today’s outing should be interesting to see how he handles the weather. Roy couldn’t pinpoint what the issue was in those circumstances, noting he takes extra effort to stay hydrated. Pitching coach Rich Dubee agreed, going as far as saying that Doc’s pregame prep to have his body hydrated and properly nourished was as meticulous as anyone he’s ever seen.
Hopefully the Cy Young winner’s body responds a bit better this afternoon.
One final note to give you some hope: the Phillies have won each of Halladay’s last eight starts in Philadelphia. First pitch scheduled for 1:35.
Today’s lineup: Jimmy, Martinez, Utley, Howard, Vic, Raul, Dom, Chooch, and Doc.
Saturday’s recap: Four Home Runs Power Phillies Past Padres
|No Hope on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|Mike T. on Take a hike, Tom Brady: Eagles…|
|Chutley on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|Adam B on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages