Jul 14, 2011, 8:40 AM EDT
Enrico picked up the early leg of our comprehensive ESPYS coverage last night, noting that the Eagles’ Miracle at the New Meadowlands won the award for Best Game. (You may recall your humble narrator was at that shizz.) Turns out the Birds weren’t the only local winners, with Roy Halladay’s name finding its way onto a pair of awards. Doc’s no-hitter over the Reds in the playoffs won Best Moment, while the man himself won Best MLB Player.
You’ll find no arguments here, ESPY judges.
Dirk Nowitzky took home two individual ESPYs, and the Dallas Mavericks won Best Team, and Rick Carlisle won Best Coach/Manager. No awards were given for Worst Decision.
Unrelated: Brian Wilson wore a spandex tux to the event. And a bunch of other crap.
|bgp on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Marvin Monroe on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money