Jul 14, 2011, 8:40 AM EST
Enrico picked up the early leg of our comprehensive ESPYS coverage last night, noting that the Eagles’ Miracle at the New Meadowlands won the award for Best Game. (You may recall your humble narrator was at that shizz.) Turns out the Birds weren’t the only local winners, with Roy Halladay’s name finding its way onto a pair of awards. Doc’s no-hitter over the Reds in the playoffs won Best Moment, while the man himself won Best MLB Player.
You’ll find no arguments here, ESPY judges.
Dirk Nowitzky took home two individual ESPYs, and the Dallas Mavericks won Best Team, and Rick Carlisle won Best Coach/Manager. No awards were given for Worst Decision.
Unrelated: Brian Wilson wore a spandex tux to the event. And a bunch of other crap.
|trishb on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charlie d on Jonathan Papelbon’s ugly…|
|sfsu on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|willh888 on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages