Apr 6, 2013, 4:38 PM EST
John Lannan, who pitches tonight for the Philadelphia Phillies, seemed to fit well on the Washington Nationals. He was a pretty bad pitcher on a pretty bad baseball team for most of his six seasons there. The only reason you likely even remember his name is because he’s the guy who became infamous for breaking Chase Utley’s hand.
Now he’s on the Phillies and will look to be a serviceable starter. His numbers at CBP have been ungood. That said, he was usually facing a fairly stacked Phillies lineup. From John Finger:
In eight career outings at Citizens Bank Park, Lannan is 2-5 with a 6.89
ERA with eight homers and 50 hits allowed in 35 innings.
As we learned yesterday though, the Royals can put up some hits. Let’s see what kind of first impression the formerly Evil John Lannan can make.
Could really, really, really use a ‘W’ today.
Humberto Quintero will get his first start in a Phillies uniform this afternoon. Any thoughts on having Dom Brown’s arm in left field and Mayberry’s lesser hose in right? That seemed to be a topic of conversation yesterday when Laynce Nix threw a 10 hopper to home on a tag play. Why not use Dom’s hose more effectively in right?
7:05 first pitch.
Charlie’s Lineup: 1. Revere, 2. Rollins, 3. Utley, 4. Howard, 5. Young, 6. Brown, 7. Mayberry, 8. Quintero, 9. Lannan
|sfsu on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|sfsu on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|The Bees Knees on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages