Jul 11, 2013, 1:33 PM EST
We all do it. Because when there’s not a whole lot to talk about, expressing one’s opinion on whether the Phillies should be buyers or sellers at the trade deadline will usually elicit a response from someone who feels strongly for or against whichever side of the argument you fall on. But mostly we all know this argument is futile until about a week or so before the actual trade deadline. It’s never smart to make a decision until you have as much information available to you as possible.
While Ruben Amaro Jr. certainly plays the posturing game at times, a quote over at the Zo Zone today pretty much says what we all feel and is more realistic.
“I would assume things would go down to the wire, unless we reel off 10 out of 11 or we lose 10 out of 11,” Amaro said. “Then we’ll have a clearer picture. Right now, we’re just not sure. I would assume like most years, it would go down to the wire.”
And Zo’s point about fans feelings about this team changing with every game/pitch is spot on.
Kyle Kendrick beats the Nats tonight and we’re all searching for bullpen help. He loses and we’re wondering what kind of prospect pool we can get for Chooch/Utley/Papelbon/Any Old Person Worth Anything.
Until they win/lose against the White Sox this weekend.
>>Buyers Beware [Zo]
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|icdogg on Connor Barwin is … THE…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Mostel on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages