Sep 26, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT
Hit a home run in your first big-league start and Charlie Manuel is likely to reward you by putting you back in the lineup the following night. After last night’s awesome and hilarious first-career hit for Darin “Babe” Ruf, Manuel has the 26 year old penciled in to play left and bat in the seventh hole against the Washington Nationals this evening.
The Phillies will look to play spoiler for the second-straight night to the Nats in their hopes of securing home field throughout the National League playoffs. Kyle Kendrick (10-11, 3.89) will look to even his season win-loss total and will face the evil left-hander John Lannan (3-0, 4.43) for the Nationals.
As for the lone bit of news from the pregame, Roy Halladay is still scheduled to start on Saturday in Miami to finish off his lackluster 2012 season. Many believed he would be shut down for the season, but that will not be the case unless he has a setback before Saturday.
7:05 start. Sad days as we count down the final games at CBP until the winter comes and goes.
Tonight’s vs. WAS: Rollins SS, Mayberry CF, Utley 2B, Howard 1B, Ruiz C, Brown RF, Ruf LF, Frandsen 3B, Kendrick P.
— Todd Zolecki (@ToddZolecki) September 26, 2012
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money