Jun 21, 2011, 3:05 PM EDT
It’s a slow news day out there for Philadelphia sports fans, but we can take solace in the fact that Ryan Howard and the Phillies will play tonight in St. Louis. Not only is Roy Halladay on the mound, but the Cards will be without Albert Pujols for the entire series.
Oh, and The Big Piece will be feasting on some home cooking. He has certainly enjoyed that in the past.
From the Notes: Ryan Howard has hit .365 (31-85) with 8 HRs and 31 RBIs in 23 games in the new Busch Stadium. His 31 RBIs are the most for any visiting player and his 8 HRs are tied for the most with Adam Dunn and Prince Fielder. Howard, who has also posted a .694 slugging percentage and a .509 OBP at Busch for his career, has reached base safely in 22 of his 23 games.
He’s also hit a home run in 50% of his at-bats against tonight’s Cardinals starter, Kyle McClellan. (yeah, yeah, one for two)
So we have a big night from RyHo to look forward to at least.
Photo by US Presswire
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money