Jun 21, 2011, 3:05 PM EST
It’s a slow news day out there for Philadelphia sports fans, but we can take solace in the fact that Ryan Howard and the Phillies will play tonight in St. Louis. Not only is Roy Halladay on the mound, but the Cards will be without Albert Pujols for the entire series.
Oh, and The Big Piece will be feasting on some home cooking. He has certainly enjoyed that in the past.
From the Notes: Ryan Howard has hit .365 (31-85) with 8 HRs and 31 RBIs in 23 games in the new Busch Stadium. His 31 RBIs are the most for any visiting player and his 8 HRs are tied for the most with Adam Dunn and Prince Fielder. Howard, who has also posted a .694 slugging percentage and a .509 OBP at Busch for his career, has reached base safely in 22 of his 23 games.
He’s also hit a home run in 50% of his at-bats against tonight’s Cardinals starter, Kyle McClellan. (yeah, yeah, one for two)
So we have a big night from RyHo to look forward to at least.
Photo by US Presswire
|Marvin Monroe on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
|donny05 on Don Tollefson: Maybe not an al…|
|33 on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
|will on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages