Feb 22, 2012, 4:01 PM EST
Ryan Howard sat down for his Welcome-back-to-Clearwater-how’s-the-Achilles? press conference this afternoon down in Florida and the Phillies slugger talked about many things. There were the standard baseball stuff but we also got to know a little bit more about the man behind the uniform.
After answering questions about the progress he’s making with his Achilles — he’s feeling good! — and how he is super excited to pick Jim Thome’s brain, Ryan also revealed how he spent much of his downtime while resting his legs this offseason.
Howard spent a lot of time laying around on the couch watching a ton of television. Makes sense. He probably got through a couple of seasons of The Wire, Breaking Bad, or maybe even Hawaii Five-0 to support Shane. Wait. What’s that? You watched what?! [video below]
Yes, Ryan Howard spent his offseason watching all of those “Housewives shows.” At least he owns it. Don’t go giving him those judgmental looks.
We’re happy for the Level’s own Rev who finally found something he has in common with the Philadelphia Phillies slugging first baseman. You guys should totally hang out.
|Steve on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|Scott B on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|willh888 on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|Mark432 on Jonathan Papelbon’s ugly…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages