Dec 1, 2011, 12:08 PM EDT
Ryan Howard was in Mayor Nutter’s office this morning as his foundation, the Ryan Howard Family Foundation, donated an astounding $1.2 million to help put athletic uniforms and footwear on Philly school students. The Big Piece also commented on the injury he sustained in the final play of the 2011 season.
“The (achilles) is doing fine…I’m off crutches. But today is about the kids of the city. We’ll talk baseball when it’s that time,” Howard told Eliot Shorr-Parks.
It’s good to hear that Howard is progressing well in his recovery, in good spirits, and doing a tremendous job giving back to the city of Philadelphia.
This is awesome:
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return