Dec 1, 2011, 12:08 PM EST
Ryan Howard was in Mayor Nutter’s office this morning as his foundation, the Ryan Howard Family Foundation, donated an astounding $1.2 million to help put athletic uniforms and footwear on Philly school students. The Big Piece also commented on the injury he sustained in the final play of the 2011 season.
“The (achilles) is doing fine…I’m off crutches. But today is about the kids of the city. We’ll talk baseball when it’s that time,” Howard told Eliot Shorr-Parks.
It’s good to hear that Howard is progressing well in his recovery, in good spirits, and doing a tremendous job giving back to the city of Philadelphia.
This is awesome:
|ingredients on Flyers-killer Ovechkin won’t p…|
|Daxon on Jerry Jones doesn’t hire a GM…|
|lahoe819 on Comment of the week sponsored…|
|Brian Sweger on Jerry Jones doesn’t hire a GM…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages