Jun 28, 2011, 12:17 PM EST
The Phillies announced this afternoon that closer Ryan Madson will hit the DL with a bruised right hand. Right-hander Andrew Carpenter has been called up to fill his spot on the roster prior to the Red Sox kicking off their three game series at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia this evening.
Madson’s injury is not believed to be too serious, and he’ll be added to the 15-day DL. He suffered the injury when getting hit on the hand with a ball a few weeks ago but had been pitching through it.
The Inquirer’s Matt Gelb guesses that Antonio Bastardo would fill in as closer while Mad Dog is out.
Here’s Phils’ Dr. Michael Ciccotti discussing Madson’s injury over the weekend. Video by Calkins Media.
|db21 on Connor Barwin says Eagles used…|
|2sentz on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|thisguy on Philly WrestleMania update: no…|
|Chris on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages