Jul 21, 2012, 2:02 PM EDT
The Phillies are back at it this afternoon in a 4:05 start against the San Francisco Giants. The story of the day is the fact that there is the chance that today’s start by Cole Hamels could be his last at Citizens Bank Park as a member of the Philadelphia Phillies. I think we can all agree we don’t want to see that happen, but the possibility that he will be dealt before the deadline is real.
Hamels (11-4, 3.07) will go up against San Fran ace Matt Cain (10-3, 2.56) in what should be a pretty entertaining pitcher’s duel. Cain has had dominate numbers against the Phillies he’ll face this afternoon.
RT @STATS_MLB Since 2011, Ryan Howard, Chase Utley, Carlos Ruiz, Jimmy Rollins and Shane Victorino are a combined 2 for 38 vs Cain.
— Matt Gelb (@magelb) July 21, 2012
So there’s that.
It’s a 4:05 start today for the FOX national telecast. Good news for you Philly transplants.
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return