Aug 12, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Phillies catch to the aces, Carlos Ruiz, is a charismatic presence in the Phillies clubhouse. As Gary Smith’s SI cover piece showed us, Chooch is often playing the role of his fellow teammates before games in the Phillies clubhouse. Well in this commercial for Seguros Constitucion, Ruiz plays the role of a lifetime: himself.*
Our friend and native of somewhere next to Mexico, Meechtonito, translates the commercial for those who can’t speak the beautiful native tongue of Carlicho.
I’m a bit confused by the baseball-related-insurance-commercial racket these days, do I want to be Safe and Secure With New York Life? Or is Seguros Constitución gonna protect me like Carlos Ruiz protecting home plate? And is there really a strange white guy dressed like a raccoon eating cotton candy in my attic?
*Sorry, watched too much Keith Russell last night on the Eagles’ pregame.
|Fly guy on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Chief on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Scott B on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Jay D on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money