Aug 23, 2011, 9:51 PM EST
After a 10-run explosion on Monday, it was another powerful night for the Phillies offense on Tuesday as the offense blasted off for nine runs.
They first got on the board when the lethal right-handed swing of Shane Victorino hit a ball completely over the seats down the left field line. We’ve seen plenty of balls bashed towards the center field batter’s eye and even the upper decks in right by the likes of Ryan Howard, but not a whole lot of guys kill balls down the line in left. It appeared as if Vic’s ball actually landed in the concourse area where the new Harry Kalas statue now sits.
Not impressed with Vic’s power prowess? John Mayberry Jr.’s home run later was apparently actually hit farther.
Vance Worley had a shaky first inning, but got out of a bases loaded jam and settled in nicely. Worley was fantastic for most of the night, finishing 7.0 innings of of work having given up just one earned run on 5 hits and a career-high 9 strikeouts.
Kyle Kendrick for the sweep tomorrow afternoon. Love the Mets.
Worley knocked in an RBI of his own (a WORBI!) and later scored as well.
Here’s an amazing Worley fact courtesy of ESPN’s Jayson Stark, “More from Elias: #Phillies have won 12 straight starts by Vance Worley. Longest streak for any team with any rookie in 25 years (Bobby Witt).”
US Presswire photos
|BenE. on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
|Turbo on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
|corey on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
|Kunk on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages