Nov 22, 2011, 10:46 AM EST
Shane Victorino’s been keeping busy this offseason. From welcoming teammates and other MLB players to Hawaii for his charity golf outing to having delicious fast food named after him, Shane’s been keeping us abreast of it all via Twitter.
Monday was officially dubbed Shane Victorino Day in Hawaii, and the Phillies centerfielder got to hang out with Governor Neil Abercrombie. Which makes us think, if you’re going to go into politics, I’d aim to be a state official in Hawaii. Governor Dude gets to wear Hawaiian shirts to work.
Shane also recently had a Hawaiin Poke named after him, the “Vic Poke,” at restaurant chain Foodland. [video below]
For those not exactly familiar, here’s how Wikipedia defines a Hawaiian Poke, “Poke (English pronunciation: /poʊˈkeɪ/) is a raw fish salad served as an appetizer in Hawaiian cuisine. Pokē is the Hawaiian verb for “section” or “to slice or cut”.”
You can watch Shane put together the first poke named after him here. Notice how he demands the gloves. Gold.
And one more shot of Vic with the Gov, via flickr:
|caliphornian on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|BenE. on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|BenE. on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|t800m101 on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages