Nov 22, 2011, 10:46 AM EST
Shane Victorino’s been keeping busy this offseason. From welcoming teammates and other MLB players to Hawaii for his charity golf outing to having delicious fast food named after him, Shane’s been keeping us abreast of it all via Twitter.
Monday was officially dubbed Shane Victorino Day in Hawaii, and the Phillies centerfielder got to hang out with Governor Neil Abercrombie. Which makes us think, if you’re going to go into politics, I’d aim to be a state official in Hawaii. Governor Dude gets to wear Hawaiian shirts to work.
Shane also recently had a Hawaiin Poke named after him, the “Vic Poke,” at restaurant chain Foodland. [video below]
For those not exactly familiar, here’s how Wikipedia defines a Hawaiian Poke, “Poke (English pronunciation: /poʊˈkeɪ/) is a raw fish salad served as an appetizer in Hawaiian cuisine. Pokē is the Hawaiian verb for “section” or “to slice or cut”.”
You can watch Shane put together the first poke named after him here. Notice how he demands the gloves. Gold.
And one more shot of Vic with the Gov, via flickr:
|Tito Santantana Offt… on Allen Iverson in latest Reebok…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Chutley on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Mike on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return