Jul 7, 2011, 3:09 PM EDT
Who needs Shane Victorino in center field when you have John Mayberry Jr. bashing two home runs a game? The Phillies outfielder, who was in Philly to get his thumb checked out by a specialist, was invited to come join the Mayor at City Hall on Thursday.
“It’s a city of winners, so we like to win,” Mayor Michael Nutter told Victorino of his campaign to be the final NL player voted onto the team.
“I don’t want to take you away from your daily job,” Victorino told the Mayor. “I want to make sure you keep the city running.
Always the courteous Hawaiian, Shane is.
All signs pointed towards Shane earning that final vote and being out in Arizona for the game. Whether he’ll play or not remains to be seen.
Video by YouTube user PhillyClout
|kirk on Video proof that Wayne Simmond…|
|Andrew Kulp on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
|Jim on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
|willh888 on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return