Feb 20, 2012, 2:20 PM EST
The only problem is I’m pretty sure that the Hawaii Five-0 remake is supposed to be a drama and not a comedy. By the looks of this preview clip of Shane Victorino’s cameo on the show that airs tonight at 10:00 pm on CBS, one might come to the conclusion that the only reason anyone tunes in to watch said show is the super sweet Jurassic Park-like flyover shots of the Hawaiian island. [video below]
The only thing I really noticed about this clip that features Shane as a businessman of sorts on what looks like a company retreat is the mad chill background music. It sounds to me like Jimmy Cliff doing “World Upside Down.” Need another Philly tie in? Cliff performed this song on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon with the legendary Roots crew. Sadly, the clip of that is no longer working.
From Jimmy Cliff’s website:
reggae great] Joe Higgs,” Cliff says. “Joe and I were very close. People
knew the role he played with Bob Marley & the Wailers. He for me
was one of the unsung heroes of Jamaican music. This was a song I always
felt I would do. I recorded the song in 2009 in Jamaica, played the
tapes for Tim and he pulled it out as one he wanted us to do. The song
was originally called ‘World Turned Upside Down,’ but I re-wrote the
lyrics and made it for the world today. Joe’s was not as broad a
As far as marketing for a television show with not exactly blockbuster ratings, recruiting a member of the WFC Philadelphia Phillies is certainly one way to go. At least one city and another state are talking about it.
I also like the idea of a world in which Shane Victorino is a powerful executive in the world of big pharma. We’d watch a whole series about just that.
Here’s Jimmy Cliff doing “World Upside Down” in Amsterdam last year.
|sfsu on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|The Bees Knees on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|Northeast Philly on Philly WrestleMania update: no…|
|Hiccup on The current Papelbon header on…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages