Apr 20, 2011, 12:41 AM EDT
The Phillies and Marlins got an unscheduled off-day on Saturday as the Philadelphia area was hit with some of the nastiest rain we’ve seen in quite some time. The Phils streak of dropping the first game of a series only to win the final two will not continue, but they will be able to at least split the shortened set with a win against the Fish on this sunny Sunday afternoon.
Yesterday’s rain shouldn’t change the rotation ordering, instead each pitcher will be pushed back one day with Cole Hamels (1-1, 5.59) taking the hill this afternoon against Anibal Sanchez (1-1, 0-1, 6.97).
My favorite nugget from today’s press notes: since moving to Citizens Bank Park in 2004, the Phillies are 71-26 on Sunday’s at home.
1:35 start time from South Philly. Don’t forget to wish the Phanatic a happy birthday if you see him at the bar later this evening.
Mascots playing baseball screengrab via @dhm
|psudrozz on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money