Apr 20, 2011, 12:41 AM EST
The Phillies and Marlins got an unscheduled off-day on Saturday as the Philadelphia area was hit with some of the nastiest rain we’ve seen in quite some time. The Phils streak of dropping the first game of a series only to win the final two will not continue, but they will be able to at least split the shortened set with a win against the Fish on this sunny Sunday afternoon.
Yesterday’s rain shouldn’t change the rotation ordering, instead each pitcher will be pushed back one day with Cole Hamels (1-1, 5.59) taking the hill this afternoon against Anibal Sanchez (1-1, 0-1, 6.97).
My favorite nugget from today’s press notes: since moving to Citizens Bank Park in 2004, the Phillies are 71-26 on Sunday’s at home.
1:35 start time from South Philly. Don’t forget to wish the Phanatic a happy birthday if you see him at the bar later this evening.
Mascots playing baseball screengrab via @dhm
|joe skal on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
|BenE. on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Mick on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|mike on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages