May 15, 2012, 10:33 PM EDT
Remember that scene in Lucas where all the jocks put the burning hot muscle cream on Corey Haim’s junk, then locked him outside in his towel and he had to try to play it off because the girl he’s totally crushing on sees him? Then he had to sit on the drinking fountain to rinse it off?
Awful. That traumatized me, vicariously. But imagine that happening while on the mound in an MLB start…
A similar scenario unfolded for Nats phenom starter Stephen Strasburg during a Tuesday loss to the Padres… The story in brief, via the Washington Post’s Adam Kilgore, below.
[Nats managers Davey] Johnson said Strasburg had applied the analgesic ointment Hot Stuff to loosen up his body, and somehow it had covered an area that would affect the pitcher’s performance.“I can’t really tell you what the problem was, but some Hot Stuff got misplaced,” Johnson said. “It was on his shoulder and evidently – I don’t know how it got to where it got, but it was uncomfortable, to say the least.”
Kilgore has more quotes and some musings on what might have caused the “misplacement.” Sadly, he leans more toward accident rather than Lucas-like hazing. If you’re into Schadenfreude, and we know ya are, give Kilgore’s coverage a read.
The lasting effect was Strasburg allowing 4 earned runs in 4 innings and the Nats losing, 6-1, to the Padres. And, Kilgore indicates Strasburg wasn’t thrilled with his manager letting this particular story get into the public realm…
(Lucas capture via)
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
|kirk on Video proof that Wayne Simmond…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return