Aug 28, 2012, 5:39 PM EST
For as trying a season as 2012 has been for Phillies fans, we still have New York Mets fans to look down and smile at.
The Fightins kick off a three game set with the lowly Mets tonight that could help propel them even further up in the wild card standings. Don’t get your hopes up too much, but crazier things have happened. Personally, I don’t think it’s totally ridiculous to at least talk about the possibility of something miraculous happening. Granted, I don’t think it’s going to actually happen.
The Mets have actually gotten the better of the Phillies thus far this season, with New York leading the series 8-4 at this juncture. That said, the Phils have lost the season series to the Mets just once in the last five seasons (2008: 7-11, clubs split 2010: 9-9), so Charlie’s boys best get their act together over the last two.
Tonight’s pitching matchup has right-hander Chris Young (3-7, 4.33) going up against fellow righty Vance Worley (6-9, 4.06). Worley was solid in his last outing, throwing 6.0 innings while allowing only 2 earned but the Phils offense was baffled by Bronson Arroyo in that 3-2 loss. He’s also battling a career-long 3-game losing streak. So let’s hope we get some LOLMets tonight to help him out.
Charlie Manuel said before the game that Placido Polanco is available this evening but he’s opting to go with Kevin Frandsen at third because he’s been playing well. I like it. (source)
Dom Brown is back in the lineup after resting his sore knee for a few days. He’ll be batting sixth and playing left field.
7:05 per usual. Watch out for all those crazy Madonna fans at Xfinity Live tonight.
Here’s your full lineup:
Tonight’s lineup @ NYM: Rollins SS, Frandsen 3B, Utley 2B, Howard 1B, Mayberry CF, Brown LF, Nix RF, Kratz C, Worley P.
— Todd Zolecki (@ToddZolecki) August 28, 2012
|brandonphilly on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|ifihad10weekstolives… on Sometimes you get kicked in th…|
|Andrew Kulp on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|BenE. on Why the Flyers won the Talbot-…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages