Jun 12, 2011, 12:40 PM EST
As the region attempts to recover from the effects of Fightins Tailgate 2: Electric Boogaloo, the Phillies will try to take their third of four from the lowly Chi-town Cubs. Aside from the late-inning cringer on Thursday night, the Phils have been pretty tight in disposing of the Cubbies, winning the last two.
Today, Roy Oswalt will get a chance to change his recent fortunes a bit.
Little Roy hasn’t been credited with a win since April 21, and while W’s and L’s aren’t the best indicators of pitching performance, the sledding hasn’t been easy for Oswalt since his return from a DL stint in May. He’s not K’ing as many hitters lately, with no more than three in any of his last six starts, but he’s also not getting hit all that hard either.
Oswalt will face Doug Davis, who is winless (0-5, 6.38) this season. Charlie Manuel will bat Rollins, Victorino, Utley, Howard, Francisco, Ibanez, Ruiz, and Valdez ahead of the pitcher’s spot, with Polly getting the day off.
Hopefully we see the Phils earn a W with some continued offensive production and a good turn from their starter, but I’m not opposed to watching the Cubs just boot the ball around the field again either.
|solidsender on We’re comparing Michael…|
|Chip Smelly on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|BenE. on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages