Jul 22, 2011, 11:02 AM EST
The Phillies are linked to just about every available right-handed bat and relief arm on the market right about now, marking yet another player movement period in which they, like the Eagles and Flyers, are the playground of agents and sportswriters alike.
With the trade deadline ever nearer, and the sell-mode Padres in town this weekend, we’re bound to be treated to quite a few more speculative stories. So be sure to pay close attention to the guys trotting in from right field while drowning yourselves in beverages, alcoholic and otherwise, over the next four nights. To those who like to hang over the bullpen fence in Ashburn Alley, be sure to say nice things to Mike Adams. We want him changing bullpens to the lower deck sometime soon.
Pitching matchups for the weekend (provided no one gets they ass traded) below:
Friday, 7:05 Cole Hamels vs. Cory Luebke (L)
Saturday, 4:10 Kyle Kendrick vs. Mat Latos (R)
Sunday, 1:35 Roy Halladay vs. Tim Stauffer (R)
Monday, 1:05 Cliff Lee vs. Aaron Harang (R)
A bit of a traffic advisory—there’ll be folks on their way to the shore tonight, the Phils, plus the Soul at the Wells Fargo Center. Tomorrow, the Phils play in the late afternoon, and the Linc will host the Union and Real Madrid, which will draw a big crowd. I’d say to take public transportation if possible, but that’s what I’m planning to do, and nobody likes a crowded Orange Line car.
Finally, if you have an extra minute, please go cast a vote for our friend Tug Haines, who you probably know from TheFightins and CasualFan. He’s been on the road all summer catching baseball at a variety of minor league parks, and he’s in contest over at MLB.com. Tug’s a great Phils fan and an even better tailgate burger chef. VOTETUG!
|ken bartlett on Biggest takeaway from Eagles S…|
|bryan on The ‘Group of Death…|
|Steve on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
|CantStanzaYa on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages