Feb 20, 2013, 2:26 PM EST
That sweet Nike t-shirt you have featuring the silhouette of Michael Jack Schmidt’s sweet hair and mustache is now totally outdated. Delco Times photographer Eric Hartline captured the above image of Schmidty down in Clearwater, Florida today and it clearly shows that the mustache is gone. The photo reminded us of that one time we asked the Phillies Hall of Fame third baseman about his ‘stache and some of the other great facial hair in today’s game.
— Eric Hartline (@hartlinepix) February 20, 2013
From our interview with Mike Schmidt back in 2011:
Okay then. Have you seen the Nike t-shirt that features the
outline of your mustache on the powdered blue background with maroon
cap? Have you seen that?
Schmidt: No, I haven’t?
have a nice line of t-shirts featuring some of the greatest mustaches
in baseball history. They have you, they have Rollie Fingers, they have a
couple of other guys…
Schmidt: Really? I don’t know.
Mine sure doesn’t stand out. It’s funny you mention that, Fingers is
sitting right across the table from me right now and we were talking
about mustaches earlier today.
How about guys in the game today? Best facial hair in the game today? Jayson Werth’s beard?
Schmidt: Off the charts.
Anyone else stand out to you?
No. Sometimes I get a little taken back by some of the things I see:
earrings, tattoos, hair, stuff like that. Then my wife has to remind me,
‘take a look at yourself back in the 80′s.’ Imagine some of the stuff
we had going. I had a beard. I played with a beard. I played with curly
hair. I played with a permanent. We used to all get our hair curled back
then so we used to just shake our heads and walk out of the shower. I
don’t want to throw any stones at anybody today because if you take me
back to my youth, I made some of the same decisions.
|cicilyqyo412 on Is Nate Allen good now, part o…|
|cicilyqyo412 on Drexel beats Villanova in huuu…|
|cicilyqyo412 on Erik Kratz traded for Brad Lin…|
|cicilyqyo412 on Things that happened during la…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages