Jul 7, 2012, 1:35 PM EST
The days of Mike Stutes and Antonio Bastardo being surprisingly reliable arms out of the Phillies bullpen are long forgotten. Stutes has been done for the season for a while now and Antonio Bastardo seems to have a case of the J.C. Romeros with his inability to find his command.
Bastardo came into a scoreless game in the eight inning on Friday night — nice job Kendrick, for real — and proceeded to allow five of the seven hitters he faced to reach base. Walking in the go-ahead run was among them. Then it really blew up. 5-0 Braves.
The Phillies aren’t making any magical comebacks this season with the bullpen they have. Forgive us if you’ve known that one for months now.
As Jim Salisbury pointed out in his postgame recap, the Phillies falling to 11 games under .500 is their worst mark since June 2002 when they were still playing at the Vet.
13 out in the East, 9 back in the Wild Card.
Here’s Charlie, Bastardo, and Kendrick talking about the ugly eighth:
|Jeff on Peter King: Eagles ‘the disapp…|
|Chris on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|Pipes on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Nick on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages