Jun 28, 2012, 11:38 AM EST
You won’t get the opportunity to watch Chad Qualls blow today’s game against the Pirates.
Following last night’s game, Charlie Manuel was asked at what point do you start just running up youngsters from inside the system one by one to see if any of them can handle a bullpen role better than those currently there who had been floundering all season. Manuel hinted that that was exactly what the team may need to start doing.
Today, they’re giving Jeremy Horst his shot. Horst was promoted to the big league club from Lehigh Valley as Chad Qualls was designated for assignment.
Horst came over from Cincinatti in the Wilson Valdez trade this offseason. From the official release:
IronPigs this season. Since April 28, Horst has posted a 1.61 ERA with
22 strikeouts in 27.1 innings for Lehigh Valley. The 26-year-old made
12 relief appearances with the Cincinnati Reds last season, posting a
2.93 ERA in 15.1 innings.
Horst will wear No 47.
Joe Savery was also DFA’d with Brian Sanches getting another call up.
UPDATE! Qualls did not take the news well this morning and asked Ruben to trade him. Let’s play a game and guess what you think the Phillies could get in return in a trade for Chad Qualls?
Qualls said he was surprised. Asked Amaro to trade him.
— Todd Zolecki (@ToddZolecki) June 28, 2012
Here’s Manuel talking last night about the shoddy penmanship.
|brandonphilly on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|ifihad10weekstolives… on Sometimes you get kicked in th…|
|Andrew Kulp on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|BenE. on Why the Flyers won the Talbot-…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages