The Phillies Attempt to Make You Forget About the Crappy Present By Remembering the Awesome Past Continues Tonight!
Aug 2, 2013, 2:09 PM EDT
You’ve got to hand it to whoever planned this week’s events for the Phillies. And it’s not like they planned all of these throwback activities in light of an 8-game losing streak. They planned this ish way in advance. Those are some prescient people. Ruben Amaro may want to consult with them on some important personnel decisions in the future.
So just to recap: the Phillies have tanked coming into and out of the July 31st trade deadline but check out all of these fun events down at Citizens Bank Park in South Philadelphia over the weekend!
It all started last night with the ceremonial retiring of Brad Lidge, which admitedly, made for a few goosebump-inducing moments.
And at tonight’s game fans will be treated to the induction of Curt Schilling into the Phillies Wall of Fame. Fans will get to hear Mickey Morandini be introduced over the loudspeaker as he’ll present a replica of the plaque to Schil before the former red-soc-trendsetter addresses the Philly faithful.
Also packed in to tonight’s activities is a just announced press conference from Dutch Daulton who recently underwent brain surgery. He’ll give an address to the gathered media prior to the game. Gotta love seeing Dutch on the mend.
Saturday’s matinee brings out all the big guns of yesteryear for Toyota Alumni Night. But the real juicy event of Saturday is the 12th Annual Stephen Starr-Garry Maddox Barbecue Challenge that starts around 1:00 pm.
Then Sunday they bring back the mullets and chew for a “salute to the 1993 National League Champions” where “many” of the players from that team will be intro’d prior to the 8:00 pm game and fans will receive a 1993 National League Champions pennant.
So lot’s of fun events down at the ball park this weekend! And also some Phillies baseball, I guess.
|your a fool on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|phillyphanatic77 on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|Hiccup on Cliff Lee struck out 13 Braves…|
|Chutley on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money