Apr 25, 2013, 4:27 PM EDT
Cliff Lee pitched pretty well for most of the day and had a lead late into the seventh inning before surrendering it shortly after a Charlie Manuel mound visit. Phillippe Aumont then allowed the Pirates to take the lead in the eighth, Durbin tacked on more, and that was the ball game.
What do you say at this point? They’re not taking advantage of their opportunities when they have them at the plate. Their starting pitching has been mostly okay, but when they’ve needed the pen to step up over the past two days, they’ve failed to do so.
Charlie Manuel got tossed and Cliff Lee got an infield single and was subsequently thrown out stealing, but other than that it was a shitty day.
Another lackluster performance. Another loss.
The line Aumount: 1/3 inning, 3 arrrghs, 3 oh nos, 4 earned forget it let’s go drinks.
— John Gonzalez (@gonzoCSN) April 25, 2013
Hey, they could have Qualls.
— John R. Finger (@jrfingerCSN) April 25, 2013
Per the suggestion of a reader, we’re wondering if it’s too late to turn The700Level.com into a TV blog? Or perhaps a blog about food trucks? Maybe a blog dedicated to the musical offerings of the rock and roll jamband Phish (from Vermont)? A coffee blog? Any suggestions?
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money