Aug 24, 2012, 4:15 PM EST
“Hey, Jayson Werth, how does it feel to make $126 million and play for the FIRST PLACE Washington Nationals?!?! HAHAHA LOL.”
It just doesn’t have the same ring to it. So what will Phillies fans bark at Werth this evening when his first place Washington Nationals come into Citizens Bank Park for a three-game weekend set?
As Big League Stew put it earlier this afternoon, “Werth will finally have some serious ammo — $126 million aside — to use against the Phillies fans who treat him not-ah-so-nice.” The Nats are like 47 games up on the Phils and Werth has been performing quite well since returning from his wrist injury (.373/.455/.522).
But we’re a creative bunch here in Philadelphia. I’m sure we can come up with something.
Maybe: “Nice beard, stupid.”
At least we’ll have catcher Steven Lerud (WHO?) in the Phillies dugout to help us knock those Nationals down a peg. Brian Schneider was placed on the 15-day DL earlier in the day so the Phillies were forced to call up fourth string catcher Lerud from Double-A Reading.
On the plus side, this likely means more KRATZ in your life.
The Phillies will send Kyle Kendrick (6-9, 4.20) and his 15-inning scoreless streak out to the mound to face Nationals’ right-hander Edwin Jackson (7-8, 3.69).
One interesting programming note: Olympic favorite of mine, Carli Lloyd, will be among medal winners at CBP this evening to toss out the first pitch.
7:05 from the Bank. Here’s your lineup:
Phils lineup Fri night vs. Washington: Rollins, Frandsen, Utley, Howard, Brown rf, Mayberry cf. Nix lf, Kratz c Kendrick vs. Edwin Jackson
— Jim Salisbury (@JSalisburyCSN) August 24, 2012
|joe skal on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
|BenE. on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Mick on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|mike on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages