Aug 24, 2012, 4:15 PM EDT
“Hey, Jayson Werth, how does it feel to make $126 million and play for the FIRST PLACE Washington Nationals?!?! HAHAHA LOL.”
It just doesn’t have the same ring to it. So what will Phillies fans bark at Werth this evening when his first place Washington Nationals come into Citizens Bank Park for a three-game weekend set?
As Big League Stew put it earlier this afternoon, “Werth will finally have some serious ammo — $126 million aside — to use against the Phillies fans who treat him not-ah-so-nice.” The Nats are like 47 games up on the Phils and Werth has been performing quite well since returning from his wrist injury (.373/.455/.522).
But we’re a creative bunch here in Philadelphia. I’m sure we can come up with something.
Maybe: “Nice beard, stupid.”
At least we’ll have catcher Steven Lerud (WHO?) in the Phillies dugout to help us knock those Nationals down a peg. Brian Schneider was placed on the 15-day DL earlier in the day so the Phillies were forced to call up fourth string catcher Lerud from Double-A Reading.
On the plus side, this likely means more KRATZ in your life.
The Phillies will send Kyle Kendrick (6-9, 4.20) and his 15-inning scoreless streak out to the mound to face Nationals’ right-hander Edwin Jackson (7-8, 3.69).
One interesting programming note: Olympic favorite of mine, Carli Lloyd, will be among medal winners at CBP this evening to toss out the first pitch.
7:05 from the Bank. Here’s your lineup:
Phils lineup Fri night vs. Washington: Rollins, Frandsen, Utley, Howard, Brown rf, Mayberry cf. Nix lf, Kratz c Kendrick vs. Edwin Jackson
— Jim Salisbury (@JSalisburyCSN) August 24, 2012
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return