Aug 21, 2012, 2:02 PM EST
Here’s a pretty awesome piece of nostalgia for you baseball scorekeeping / advertising lovers out there. If you thought we are inundated with ads in today’s world, check out this official scorecard from a Phillies-San Francisco Giants game from 1959.
It comes from a blog called The Pie Shops (via someone on Twitter, I honestly forget who) and is of game 1 of a doubleheader. You can see the box score here. Seriously, go look at all 15+ pages of it to waste a good portion of your afternoon.
Share your favorite minor detail you find in the comments.
My favorite is the ad for Ortlieb’s beer. It’s the wet beer:
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|icdogg on Connor Barwin is … THE…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Mostel on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages