Jul 7, 2012, 6:11 PM EST
Being a native Philadelphian living in another part of the country can often be a blessing and a curse. In good times, you miss out on a lot of the day-to-day minutiae that really make following your favorite sports teams rewarding. But in bad times, like the past few months, you don’t get tempted to tune in day after day, night after night, to witness how the team will find a way to blow any particular game.
Tonight, however, the fine people at FOX will give a national audience — well, the folks who don’t get stuck with a Red Sox vs. Yankees marathon or Twins vs. Rangers contest — the opportunity to marvel out how the Phillies could blow yet another contest, continuing the drawn-out digging of their 2012 grave.
Given the 100 degree temperatures earlier in the day, I think it’s safe to say it’s bonafide Hitting Weather at Citizens Bank Park this evening. Joe Blanton is also familiar with the long ball.
Tommy Hanson (9-5, 3.70) will take on Blanton (7-7, 4.85) in a 7:15 scheduled start time. Ryan Howard gets the night off. Drink plenty of fluids. Then drink plenty of other fluids. Repeat that as needed.
Tonight’s Lineup: 1. Rollins 2. Victorino 3. Utley 4. Ruiz 5. Pence 6. Polanco 7. Pierre 8 Maryberry 9. Blanton
|Barry on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
|LightMan on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
|You're Clueless on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
|Mo-Cup-Town on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages