Jun 4, 2011, 12:13 AM EST
See, the problem is, Charlie Manuel brought Danys Baez into the game in the 12th inning instead of waiting until the 13th inning. As we all know, Danys Baez throws like frickin’ Cy Young when appearing in the 13th inning of games or later.
Alas, the Phillies lost to the frickin’ Pirates 2-1 in extra innings on Friday night, wasting a beautiful outing from Cole Hamels. Not only did Cole throw 8 innings of one hit, one run ball, but he also smacked a third of the Phillies hits on the night. While Cole can definitely swing a bat, that says a lot about the rest of the offense on the evening.
Howard, Vic, Raul, Dom, and Ruiz were a combined 0-21 on the evening.
Game. Set. Lose to the Pirates.
Back at it tomorrow with KK. Gotta get a W against this Pittsburgh team.
|Chucky on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|Jay D on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
|Get Animax Ointment on Shocker: Some People in Baseba…|
|Chris on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages