Sep 1, 2011, 11:47 AM EST
The Phillies will attempt to complete a four-game sweep of the Reds today in an early 12:35 start time in Cincinnati. They’ll turn to rookie right-hander Vance Worley who the team has fared quite well with over the past three months.
Some fantastic Worley stats from the game notes: The Fightins have won in each of Worley’s last 12 starts which is the longest streak for any Phils starter this season. The streak is the longest for any MLB rookie since 1986 when Texas won 12 straight for Bobby Witt. Vance is 7-0, 2.30 ERA over that current stretch (since June 18th). The last time the Phils lost in a Worley start was all the way back on May 29th against the New York Mets. The only Phillies pitcher with a longer single-season streak is Steve Carlton who had a 15-start streak in 1972.
With another win today, the Phillies would move to 41 games over .500, the highest number of games above .500 the team has ever been. They reached that epic level twice during the 1976 season. But never higher. Let’s shoot for a new record, eh?
Cole Hamels, Roy Halladay, Cliff Lee, Vance Worley.
It’s a good time to be a Phillies fan. That’s for sure.
Today’s Lineup: Victorino, Martinez (3B), Utley, Howard, Pence, Ibanez, Schneider, Valdez (SS), and Worley.
12:35 start in Cincy.
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|icdogg on Connor Barwin is … THE…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Mostel on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages