May 21, 2012, 10:45 AM EDT
Everybody breathe a sigh of relief — well, sort of. The diagnosis is in: the Inq’s Matt Gelb reports Vance Worley has a bone chip.
The 24 year old was placed on the 15-day disabled list last week with elbow inflammation, and little more information available, prompting a bit of buzz it could be something serious. While a bone chip likely will require offseason surgery, the Vanimal should be able to make it through this season, provided he can tolerate some pain.
Gelb’s story indicates the eblow started to become a real problem for Worley last month, so he sought advice from Cole Hamels, who pitched with a bone chip last season.
It’s good news that the Phillies shouldn’t lose Worley for an extended period, which they can ill-afford right now, but more importantly, there isn’t any structural damage. No official word on whether he’ll be ready to come off the DL on May 27, but signs are positive.
|CD on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|NBA lottery is rigge… on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|J on CEO Scott O’Neil promise…|
|philasopher on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money