Aug 24, 2011, 10:06 AM EST
The Phillies have now won the last 12 games that Vance Worley has started. It’s a remarkable fact, one that Worley never really imagined himself.
John Finger spoke with Worley after last night’s 9-4 win.
“I didn’t expect to be doing what I’m doing. I just figured I’d be another average guy just filling in shoes.”
Sticking with the coffee theme for a minute here, as we mentioned yesterday, Worley said in an interview with teammate David Herndon that he was actually sleeping during yesterday’s earthquake which took place at almost 2:00 p.m.
Ryan Lawrence continued this line of questioning following the game and found out that “the night before he pitches, he stays awake until the sun nearly comes up. On game day, he sleeps in well past noon.”
So why would an MLB player pull of this college kid-like sleeping schedule? To avoid anxiousness, he says.
>>Vampire Vance lulls Mets to sleep to earn ninth win [Delco Times]
Vance Worley on where he was in his house during the earthquake: “I can’t afford a house out here yet.” He was sleeping at his hotel.
|33 on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|willh888 on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Schmidsy on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Schmidsy on Video: If Chip Kelly calls a […|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages