Jun 2, 2011, 12:48 PM EST
Shane Victorino was not in the lineup this morning for the Reading Phillies and all signs point to him returning to the Phils for the weekend set in Pittsburgh. With their starting center fielder back in the fold, what roster move would you make to fit the Hawaiian back on the roster?
You’d think the Phillies would send the hurting Ross Gload to the DL. Gload pinch hit while down in Washington, but was removed after reaching first base because Charlie didn’t think he was capable of running the bases. But the team has said that a trip to the DL wouldn’t help the type of hip injury he has — surgery would be the only real solution.
So do you keep a banged up Gload on the bench for those key pinch-hit opportunities in big games towards the end of the season? As Matt Gelb points out, Gload doesn’t have an extra-base hit on the year and it’s already June.
The other seemingly strange issue is the Phillies penchant for speedy Michael Martinez. The Phillies like his ability to play multiple positions, including the outfield if need be, and his Rule 5 status certainly seems to make him an unlikely candidate. This year’s David Herndon.
So who is left? Do the Phillies send down one of their recently hot youngsters in Dom Brown or John Mayberry Jr. It seems the most counter-intuitive, but it just could happen.
Certainly no easy decision coming up to make room for Vic. What would you do?
Here’s Shane after yesterday’s game talking about how good he feels:
|brandonphilly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Danimal on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages