Apr 21, 2012, 12:57 PM EST
Shane Victorino had a little Chase Utley in him when he kinda-sorta-maybe leaned into a pitch thrown right at him during last night’s win over the San Diego Padres. In a strange decision you don’t see all that often, the umpire actually stopped Shane from jogging down to first base, saying that he failed to make any attempt to get out of the way of the pitch.
Shane didn’t really appear to put up much of an argument, but did have some seemingly mocking fun with the ump while acting like he was hit in the foot on the next pitch.
A few pitches later, Shane makes everything better by ripping a homer into the stands in left.
“I guess he’s glad he didn’t get that hit-by-pitch,” Larry Andersen observes.
I guess so, L.A.
You can watch the amusing and eventually awesome at-bat here complete with commentary from the Philadelphia TV crew, Philly radio crew, and the Padres call of it as well.
US Presswire photo
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|icdogg on Connor Barwin is … THE…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Mostel on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages