Apr 21, 2012, 12:57 PM EDT
Shane Victorino had a little Chase Utley in him when he kinda-sorta-maybe leaned into a pitch thrown right at him during last night’s win over the San Diego Padres. In a strange decision you don’t see all that often, the umpire actually stopped Shane from jogging down to first base, saying that he failed to make any attempt to get out of the way of the pitch.
Shane didn’t really appear to put up much of an argument, but did have some seemingly mocking fun with the ump while acting like he was hit in the foot on the next pitch.
A few pitches later, Shane makes everything better by ripping a homer into the stands in left.
“I guess he’s glad he didn’t get that hit-by-pitch,” Larry Andersen observes.
I guess so, L.A.
You can watch the amusing and eventually awesome at-bat here complete with commentary from the Philadelphia TV crew, Philly radio crew, and the Padres call of it as well.
US Presswire photo
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money